This hearty and comforting baked quinoa is a great healthy breakfast to mak...
This hearty and comforting baked quinoa is a great healthy breakfast to make ahead for the family or serve for a brunch gathering with friends.
Get the Recipe: Maple Quinoa Bake with Skillet Apples and Walnuts
Why Does My Quinoa Taste Bitter?
How to Make Savory Breakfast Cookies
Easy to assemble and perfectly portable, these French Onion Soup bites are ...
Easy to assemble and perfectly portable, these French Onion Soup bites are the perfect addition to any holiday party spread. They’re like your favorite Trader Joe’s freezer aisle find, but tastier.
Get the Recipe: French Onion Soup Bites
How to Make French Onion Pot Pie
How to Make French Onion Stuffed Bell Peppers
Make homemade wings in minutes with some help from your Instant Pot. Everyo...
Make homemade wings in minutes with some help from your Instant Pot. Everyone's favorite pressure cooker get your chicken wings cooked through quickly, while the broiler crisps them up. Serve with crunchy veggie sticks and the sauce of your choosing.
Get the Recipe: Instant Pot Chicken Wings
Get the Recipe: Instant Pot Black Beans
Get the Recipe: Instant Pot Lasagna
Nicole sums up the secret to perfectly browned beef with 3 simple words.
Nicole sums up the secret to perfectly browned beef with 3 simple words.
- Did you know there's a better and easier way to brown ground beef? The three words to remember are leave it alone. Start by heating up your skillet. Then add the ground beef straight from the package. Flatten it just a little to make one big patty. But don't crumble yet. Let it go for a few minutes until it has a nice brown crust. Flip it, let it go a minute, and then you can crumble. Just break it up with a wooden spoon, and let it go until it's done. The browned crust means more flavor. Now, it's ready to go, in your favorite tacos or spaghetti sauce. So don't forget the three words to get the best browning on your ground beef, leave it alone.
How to Make Copycat Doritos Locos Tacos
How to Make Cheeseburger Pizzas
How to Make Greek Stuffed Peppers
Nicole decides she’ll be the “cool mom” and let her kids dye their hair in ...
Nicole decides she’ll be the “cool mom” and let her kids dye their hair in boiling-hot Kool-Aid. What could possibly go wrong?
- - Have your kids asked you to dye their hair yet? With Kool-Aid? Well, mine have. I'm gonna tell you, thatworks. I decided to earn some cool mom points this summer and have fun with my girls and try out the Kool-Aid dip dye. My kids have dark hair, so I didn't even think it was gonna work. We chose this flavor, because I knew it would be a deep red. The instructions on how to do it, it said you could put three to five packs in there. I went on five packs for each girl. I even threw my niece in the mix. Also, this is an activity that is super cheap. Five pack for about a dollar. So you boil the Kool-Aid on the stove for several minutes. I did it in batches because I wanted each girl to have the super-concentrated hair color. The instructions made it clear that the water did have to be hot and boiling. It just said cool down for a few minutes. So I did. Then I filled their little cups up. I put their hair in little pigtails, and I dip it down into the water. This water would cause third-degree burns. This is dangerous. They don't tell you that. If they moved and that stuff spilled on them, I don't even know what I would do. I was so scared, my four-year-old Terror was going to knock a boiling cup on him or them, that I had to send him to the bedroom to watch the iPad. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Fortunately, they did not move. I didn't tell my brother and sister-in-law how hot this water was. My niece was well-behaved. I'm pretty sure the online instructions say 15-20 minutes to let it soak. Dark hair? We needed at least 25, right? So after we maximized the soak time, we rinsed it in cold water. The instructions did say, don't worry, it's not gonna look that colored, but it will when it dries. Well, I'm tellin' you, it worked. I was so excited, I felt like I just did something so cool for them, lettin' them dye their hair red, thinkin' this'll wash out in a couple weeks. Here we are, two months later, my niece couldn't wear her red dip-dyed hair on the first day of school, so she had to get a nice trim. She's got a precious bob now. True story. The main thing I wanna tell you, that they did not tell me in the online instructions, is that for days and days, it will bleed out onto fabric. Every time they got out of the pool, the lake, the shower, the beach, it would just drip. It's on my pillows, it's on my towels, it's on their shirts. So remember, Kool-Aid hair dye. Number one, it works. Number two, it's dangerous. Number three, it stains. And number four, it lasts. Comment below, and feel free to post any pictures of your crazy Kool-Aid stories. If only they made a flavor this color, then I know I could cover up my grays for a long time.
Mom vs. Cucuzza
Mom vs. Dollar General
Mom vs. Hip Food Trends
Nicole slips on a blindfold and tries to cook a pizza from scratch.
Nicole slips on a blindfold and tries to cook a pizza from scratch.
- Being blindfold kind of scares me. We used to play this game called The Blindfold Game. It was like hide-n-seek but the person finding people was blindfolded and I used to be a little bit scared. Y'all better not do anything. Geez, here's the thing. The Bird Box challenge is just people doing stupid stuff blindfolded, right? I have not seen the movie so I don't get any of this right now. This is the stupidest thing I might have ever done. Just wanted to get that out there. I don't know why it's called Bird Box. Are you pretending you're in a box? And you're a bird. That would be a birdhouse. So, I guess I'll start I know- Ew, y'all are playin' some damn tricks on me already. I know there was a dough out here when I started. Y'all if I fall, I swear. Okay, I'm gonna need some flour. Now I have to get it to a big circle. I've made enough pizzas, I should be able to feel this. What is the point of being blindfolded in that movie? Is a Bird Box a birdhouse? Good thing I wore black. I feel like my doughs pretty good. Hopefully there are no holes in it. I gotta get my pizza peel which I know is back here y'all, this is not cheating. Some of the things I paid attention to. I feel like I'm nine thousand years old trying to walk. Where am I? Okay, I'm gonna show you all a trick, even blindfolded. If you heat up your pizza stone, then put some parchment down, this makes transferring it into the oven easier. Now, y'all better be givin' me some help puttin' this in the oven. I feel like I'm doing okay at the moment. I don't know where like my toppings and stuff are. I just don't like things that I don't know. I don't know if you all know that about me but I like being in control. So, when I feel like I'm not in control Aw man, there's a hole. Big ole hole. I gotta fix that. I think that's as good as it's gonna get. Alright, so I'm going to find the toppings and they were not out here. So I assume they're in the fridge. Y'all this is why I don't like this kinda stuff. I'm making a basic pizza. I don't know where y'all are, if y'all are here, here, here. I'm making a basic pizza. Okay, I'm not tryin' to make elaborate toppings. So, we'll pretend that I'm making this for my kids. Eww! I don't know if I want mushrooms. Oh, those are eggs. Don't need those. Oww! Maybe this is the sauce. This might be sauce. This could be sauce too. Is this onions? Need the cheese. This is cheese. Okay, that's cheddar, okay that's more like it. Whatever, I just hope this is the right kind. Okay, I got sauce and cheese and I'll do onion and mushroom, maybe. , now I gotta get back. I have no idea how much I just put on there. Okay, I need something to spread it with. I hope that's enough sauce. I like to do some cheese and then the toppings and then more cheese. Am I gettin' close? Where'd my other toppings go? Oh I need a mushroom, that sounds kinda good. Surely I'm getting close if I just make the circular motion. Hopefully there's equal distribution. Now, more cheese. Aw, man. I'm gonna get help for this part. I'm going to wash my hands now. Am I gonna trip over a light thing or am I okay? The speed at which you move when you're blindfolded is like a fraction of your normal speed. It's like I am moving like a 90 year old woman. No offense to you 90 year old women out there. Okay, I guess I'll stand here and wait. I don't know what else I can do. They have reset for me and I think brought me a cold beer somewhere. There's nothing in here. So I guess we can bring in the pizza. They do protect me a little bit so I don't have to go to the hot oven by myself. I hope this isn't like something nasty. My gosh, I hope I'm pouring this in the glass. Tastes like foam. Gotta do this to make the foam go away. I put a lot of foam in there. Alright, so my pizza smells good. Now the next part of this challenge is to cut it. Y'all it feels pretty good. Feels like I did a nice round pizza. Don't let me cut myself. Okay, here goes nothing. Alright, I think I can get a cheese pull. I feel like there's no sauce on here. I mean, it's pretty good, it just tastes like cheesy bread with a little onion. I mean Overall I think I nailed it in the shape department. I mean, it's you know, an artisan style pizza. I think I was right that I did not have enough sauce. But I felt like I poured a cup of sauce. My toppings were not quite evenly scattered It's kinda like this is a pizza for my kids. Half cheese, half veggie. Taste-wise, listen, Don't forget to but whatever you do
Mom vs. the Dishes
Mom vs. Waffle House
Mom vs. Deep Fried Turkey
Nicole, a lover of all things sugar, tries to spend an entire day eating ke...
Nicole, a lover of all things sugar, tries to spend an entire day eating keto-approved recipes. Can she roll with fat bombs and pork snacks, or will she lose focus and veer off to the doughnut shop?
- - The keto diet, whether you're onboard or not, you can't get away from it and today, I'm gonna give it a try. So, what is keto? The ketogenic diet is low to no carbs and sugar, high amount of fat and a moderate amount of protein. This'll put your body in ketosis, which is gonna use your fat for energy instead of your carbs for energy. So hopefully, you lose all the fat, right? OK y'all, I'm gonna do this for one day. Yes, I know I'm not gonna get in ketosis and I'm not gonna lose 30 pounds. I'm just trying to experience this lifestyle for a day, what type of foods I'm allowed to eat, how much this is gonna break my budget. Now listen, if you are on this diet for health reasons, I think that's great. I am no doctor, so I'm not here to provide you with any medical assistance. I've gotta start with a cup of coffee and the internet tells me it better be bulletproof. Alright, we're here in my work kitchen. Welcome. I have made this before. But I always sneak a little bit of sugar. So I got like a hazelnut coffee, so maybe that'll make me feel like I've got sugar in there. I don't like the coconut oil. It kinda like clogs up my throat. I better get used to it if I'm gonna live this diet today, I think, but I'm gonna do this bulletproof octane oil. Now, I do like this part, that you can put butter in here. Who doesn't like creamy coffee? Not too bad. Now, let's go to the store. Alright, so, I'm going to make today all the things that have been flooding my social media pages. Things like this. I'm also gonna need some snacks because I'm a snacker. Two for a dollar avocadoes. You better get a ton of these. Hard to wrap my brain around the fact that I can just eat all the fat I want to. Lots of bacon and lots of eggs on this diet too. I wonder if I'm gonna get sick of bacon. I didn't think that was possible. Bacon! I think I'm supposed to choose some that have no sugar. Oh, no sugar. This'll be keto approved. It's a sad day, I have to avoid this section. These are high priced items on this diet. So, when you can buy things in bulk, that's the way to go. Look at this. I'm gonna eat a fat bomb. Feel like I'm gonna look like a fat bomb when this is all over. Lots of butter, lots of cheese, lots of heavy cream. Something's wrong with this. Now, I need a sweetener that I cannot even pronounce. Erythritol. I don't know if that's it or not. Eight dollars for a pack of sugar! My typical snack is like a cracker with some peanut butter or probably something that involves a carb. Maybe in this section, I could find something. Oh no, 20 grams of sugar. Gotta find the pork rinds. This little tiny bag is four dollars. These are a lot cheaper at the gas station. I have a lot of the groceries at home, but check out this buggy. All things I love. I just wonder how I'm gonna feel at the end of this. I'm a little nervous to see how much all this is gonna cost. Guess what diet I'm on with all this stuff. Haven't you heard of the keto diet? - [Clerk] Oh, the keto diet. - Yeah. $60 for some snacks. Yikes. All I can say is it's a good thing work is paying for these groceries. I'm back and I'm starving. I'm going to make this keto breakfast burger on avocado buns. This is not bread, it's avocados. You know, this kinda diet requires a lot of meal prep 'cause otherwise you're gonna be tempted to grab things that you probably shouldn't eat. Why do I need to make it look like a burger? You people are smart enough to know it's not really a burger. Oh yeah.so far, it's just a little tedious. Ya know, it's a lot easier to grab a piece of toast, slather some butter on it. This kinda cooking is not feasible on school mornings, just sayin'. What happens if you do cheat? Like are you gonna all of a sudden gain like 10 pounds if you eat one plate of pasta? I just don't get it! But I think it's ready. Still gonna drain my bacon even though I probably don't have to. Can only handle so much grease. So I got paleo mayonnaise. Alright y'all, I'm making your burger. I don't know if salt is allowed. I'm gonna assume it is 'cause it's not sugar. I guess however much bacon I want. Now to really throw y'all off, we have to make the buns sesame seed buns. So now, I'm gonna try to eat this thing. I'm definitely gonna have to put the phone down to do that. It's just not happening. You have to pick. So it's cute for your picture and then in real life, you would just disassemble it now that I did all that work. We know how this is gonna taste. It's not like I really have to do a taste test. But I don't want any comments when I actually do finish the whole plate. I'm gonna go sit down and work a little bit. I should probably go to the gym now. - [Man] Nicole, how's it goin'? - I'm stuffed. I could not eat all the avocado. I also am having a hard time finishing my bulletproof coffee. I don't think I need to eat so much as long as my ratios are good. But I think I've got to make a call to someone who knows more about this. So I'm gon' find out. - [Woman] Yeah, it really doesn't matter how many meals you eat a day. Your body's in a state of ketosis and it stays in that because you're primarily eating just fat. Usually, we have like a breakfast that's super high in fat and you don't really have an appetite and you may not even be that hungry at dinner. - Thanks, friend! I'm gonna make this lunch for the sake of the video, but the truth is, I'm not hungry. I happen to love pickles, meat, and cheese. Will it fill me up? Yes today because I'm already full. I would think I would eat two of these. Just getting nervous because I'm going to the beach in a couple days. Some ham and some cheese. Does that look satisfying? Like pickles, lettuce, meat, and cheese. I'm positive I'm not gonna be able to eat both of these. It's time for my afternoon snack. I don't know how there's less than one gram of sugar. Alright. Don't like the sweetener. Will it satisfy my craving for something sweet? Maybe. Cheesecake fat bombs. This recipe, all the measurements are in grams. So it's about a half stick of butter. Sounds very bikini friendly. Just kidding, people. I have not worn a bikini in 12 years. I add a tablespoon of this sugar. Although, I think I got the wrong sugar. Tastes like a chemical. Guess what goes in next. You're never gonna believe it. Coconut oil. Alright, there's my filling. It says to use silicone molds, but surely with all this fat content, it won't be hard to come out of the pan. Alright, now I freeze it. And we make the topping. Again people, I know, this is one day of my life. If I was on this diet, I wouldn't be eating a pound of bacon every day or three quarters of a cup of coconut oil. So I add some cocoa powder and some more sugar. This is gonna have to be a snack for late night when I'm watching my shows. Problem is, I won't have any wine to enjoy it with. OK, so our fat bombs. They're pretty much frozen. Now, a spoon more fat. This time chocolate fat over the top. I was excited about this at the beginning. I'm not anymore. So far, the cookie has failed me and I have a feeling, these are going to fail me. I just wish everything didn't have to be so over the top and we could really have just zero sugar. Let's have a snack, shall we? We'll just have some pork clouds. Y'all probably think I've been eating all day. I kinda feel like I have. No comment. I did get the habanero flavor. Whoo! I don't know what I was expecting. I've got my groceries to take home tonight. Gonna have a salad, I think. I just don't think I can eat anymore meat or bacon. I can't forget my fat bombs. Real excited about those. Oh, there it goes. I already don't like it. Y'all, it just tastes like buttery cheese. I definitely cannot eat this whole thing. It is the epitome of rich. People on the keto diet, what do you eat for a bite of something sweet? You cannot tell me that you really enjoy this. I'll think about this for a little while, but first, I'm going to the gym. OK, so I just got home and I am prepping dinner for my family. Guess what. I can't have these. Two of the family like sweet potatoes and two want baked regular potatoes and this mama gets none of it. Serving your family potatoes when you can't have any is willpower. It's finally dinner time. Went on a little jog, a little jog. Found this recipe. It's keto berry goat's cheese and walnut salad. I think this is more than it calls for but, I like lettuce. It even lets you have salt and pepper! Now that looks good. I like this dinner. I'm just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong here because I'm enjoying this. It feels a little too light and refreshing to be on the keto diet, so that's good. Comment below and tell me, am I cheating by eating this salad. I did it y'all. I survived the keto diet only for a day. This thing is just not for me. The minute you tell me I can't have something, I only want it 10 times more. But don't get me wrong. The food was good and let's admit it. We all should cut back our carbs a little bit. But I cannot take it to the next level and analyze everything I eat for the day and wonder if it's OK. I'm gonna have my cake and eat it too. Having my first cup of coffee of the day and look what I'm putting in it. Raw sugar, so?
Mom vs. Can Opener Hack
Mom vs. Fortnite
Mom vs Kool-Aid Hair-Dye
Nicole takes the Dollar General challenge to see if she can feed a producti...
Nicole takes the Dollar General challenge to see if she can feed a production crew on a budget of $15.
- - I've been challenge to feed the whole video crew for $15. From one place. Can I do it? You betcha. I know I got a lot of hungry people. So, $15 has go go a long way. Anytime you're trying to save money rice and beans is a good idea, but watch what I do with these. Hell I thought this place just had flip flops. Sausage is fairly inexpensive, so I can feed these hungry people for six bucks. A little chicken broth. They have everything. I mean I've got the main course, and I've got room to spare. So, I might even give them a little dessert. I'm gonna make a trifle for dessert. I was gonna buy this pudding, but then I'll have to buy milk too. So, I'm gonna buy that already made pudding. This is a little pricey, but I can still fit it in my budget. The crew is in for a treat. - Alright your total today, name, is 15.39. - Ohhhhh! 39 cents over. That includes tax and I went a little overboard on my four layer dessert. The crew works so hard. 39 cents. I can spare that, or I can take a layer off of your dessert. Wish I'd already signed up for the ad for the digital coupons, or I definitely would have come in under my budget. Why does it always scream at you? Thank you. - You're welcome. - I mean, I'm about to feed the crew dinner and dessert for less than $2 a serving. Boom! I'm back from the store. I've got the beans going with the tomatoes and some of the chicken broth, and now I'm ready to ad my sausage. This is a nice hearty bowl. It's full of flavor. It's gonna fill up the crew. So we're just gonna let this simmer and make the dessert. Now, desserts. You're not gonna find me making anything from scratch. People. Y'all are probably saying, "Oh, she must not love her crew, "She feeds them all this crap." Well listen, they don't care trust me. I'm just going to pour them right over the brownies that have been cooled. It may not be that pretty yet, but I promise it's gonna taste good. Normally I would use Oreos for this, okay, but I was trying to save money. They're all gonna be crushed up, so no ones gonna know. Listen, nobody else's $15 dinner would be this gourmet. Death by chocolate, people. So then this is the topping. This is everyone's favorite part. This dessert probably serves more like 12 people. Another point for me. Now this is better as it sits a little while and gets nice and cold. I'm gonna put it in the fridge while I go round everybody up. Alright, I'm bringing' 'em in! C'mon guys! - Alright. - Now listen, you should have put those in bowls. - Oh. - Here, hand me a bowl. - You know I have New Orleans roots. This better be good! - It's real good. - Would you all like to know where your lunch came from? - Sure. - Yeah. - Dollar General! - Ooohhh. - Wow! I love their corn beef. - How much did you end up spending on this? - This whole meal including dessert, 15 bucks. - Wow! - And look at how much is left over. I mean I'm impressed with myself, but save room for dessert now. - You know in my family we call them, the O.D.G. - I am the O.G.D.G. - Thanks. - Your welcome. No listen, this is a four layered dessert. We call this death by chocolate. - Is this a DG cake? - It is. - Nice. - They don't call me Dollar General for nothing'. They don't call me Dollar General for nothing I wanted to use that.
Mom vs. Road Trips
Mom vs. Hip Food Trends
Mom vs. Vegan Burger
In this week’s episode, Robin and Sara’s fate lies in the Wheel of Food Mas...
In this week’s episode, Robin and Sara’s fate lies in the Wheel of Food Mashups. Will they find a way to make this unlikely meaty concoction delicious, or are things about to spin out of control?
Homemade vs the Internet S3E2 - Picasso on a Pancake
Homemade vs The Internet S3E1 - First Try Air Fry: Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
Homemade vs the Internet S2.5 MiniSode - Heart-Shaped Hot Dog V-Day Special
Robin and Sara close out the season by creating a breakfast fit for Equestr...
Robin and Sara close out the season by creating a breakfast fit for Equestria. Watch them as they follow their inner unicorns and whip up eye-popping eggs, technicolor toast, pantoned pancakes, and more. Plus shocking news for the show!
Homemade vs the Internet S4E5 - Fruit Spring Rolls
Homemade vs the Internet S4E4 - Copycat Big Mac
Homemade vs the Internet - Nutella Sushi