- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil, divided
- 3 scallions, sliced, separated into green and whites
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 medium luffa gourds, cut into 2-in. chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 jalapeño chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooked rice
How to Make It
Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add white parts of scallions, and cook, stirring constantly 30 seconds. Add eggs. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, until set yet soft. Set aside.
Return skillet to medium-high, and add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add luffa, sugar, jalapeño, and remaining salt; cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add soy sauce and pepper; cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Serve over rice; sprinkle with scallion greens.