- 8 ounces uncooked orecchiette pasta
- 3 thick-cut bacon slices, diced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add Brussels sprouts and garlic to drippings in pan; sauté 4 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in bacon, lemon rind, juice, butter, salt, and peppers. Add pasta to skillet; toss to combine. Serve immediately.