Try MyRecipes: BLT-Stuffed Baked Avocados
BLT-Stuffed Baked Avocados
Have you ever added avocado to your BLT sandwich? Delicious right? Well this is even better than that if you can believe it! BLT-Stuffed Baked Avocados topped with Parmesan Breadcrumbs and Sriracha Mayo will blow your mind as an appetizer, lunch or even a dinner when served with a salad. Stuffing an avocado with bacon, spinach and tomato is a no-brainer. Once you remove the pit, it's like the fruit (yes it's a fruit) is begging for it! The creamy coolness of the avocado complements so many different fillings and flavors that the possibilities are virtually endless. But let's focus on the awesomeness at hand:
Chopped and Ready
Mix it up!
Panko and Parmesan!
Prepping the Avo
Stuffing the Avo
Topping the Avo
Saucing the Avo
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 2 large avocados
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (divided)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits. Rub the insides of each half with fresh lemon juice to help them maintain their bright color. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add chopped spinach, tomato, bacon, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon mayo. Stir to combine.
- Stuff the avocados with the filling, allowing the filling to mound at the top.
- In a small mixing bowl, add grated Parmesan cheese to seasoned Panko breadcrumbs and stir. Top the filling generously with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the avocados on a baking pan covered with foil and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the breadcrumb topping has turned a golden brown.
- Mix remaining tablespoon of mayo with Sriracha sauce in a small bowl and drizzle over each avocado half. Serve immediately.