Where to Pick Up Free Coffee on National Coffee Day
Calling out to the caffeination nation. The day we’ve all been looking forward to is finally upon us. And while every day may already seem like National Coffee Day (if you drink coffee, this is a fact), the actual arbitrary holiday has been reserved every year for September 29. Celebrate by getting your early morning jolt on with these freebies and great deals at participating locations of the following spots this Thursday:
- Krispy Kreme: Not only do you get a free 12-ounce cup of coffee, but a delicious original glazed donut is part of the package, too. More details and participating locations here.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: So, technically America’s favorite all-day coffee stop isn’t giving away free coffee. But you can get a medium coffee for just 66 cents to celebrate their 66th anniversary.
- Gloria Jean’s Coffees: This gourmet coffee shop is offering free 8-ounce White Chocolate Caramel Cookie Chillers on Thursday to guests who visit from 2:00 p.m. to 5 p.m. Talk about a sweet deal! If you’re looking for something a little less decadent, grab a free small cup of fresh brewed coffee instead.
- Pilot Flying J Travel Centers: Print out your little golden espresso ticket on Flying J’s Facebook page to get a free small cup of coffee, tea, or cappuccino.
- Stewart’s Shops: If you live in or near Upstate New York, Stewart’s Shops is giving away cups of coffee in any size and flavor for free from noon until closing time.
- Sheetz: Loyalty is clearly appreciated at the convenience store chain, as anyone who shows their My Sheetz loyalty cards will receive one small cup of cold brew coffee while supplies last.
- Peet’s Coffee: At participating locations, Peet’s is giving away free medium drip coffee with the purchase of any fresh food item.
- Lamar’s Donuts: Buy a 16-ounce collector’s travel mug (on sale for $1.19), and you can fill it up for free on National Coffee Day.
- Whole Foods: Unfortunately, Whole Foods isn’t offering discounted cups of coffee this year. But you can support your coffee habit and a great cause at their in-house coffee shop, Allegro. Allegro Coffee will donate $1 for every drip coffee sold to Whole Planet Foundation.
- Starbucks: No freebies at Starbucks either, but the good news is that the coffee giant will donate a coffee tree for every brewed cup of Mexico Chiapas coffee bought.
- McDonalds: McDonalds is also in a charitable mood, joining the ranks with Whole Foods and Starbucks. All McCafe proceeds will be donated to the Covenant House on Thursday.
- Smoothie King: Get a healthier morning energy boost by visiting Smoothie King for their Buy-One-Get-One-Free (BOGO) deal on all coffee-flavored smoothies. Buy any size of one of these refreshing drinks, and you'll receive a free 20-ounce smoothie.
- QuickChek: East Coast residents can get a free coffee by downloading QuickCheck's free mobile app.
- Cumberland Farms: Let your fingers do the talking for a free coffee for any size, hot or iced. Simply text the phrase “FREECOFFEE” to 64827, and you’ll receive a mobile coupon for a free cup. The best part? Coffee is free every Friday in October, beginning on October 7, at participating Cumberland Farms locations.
- Birch Coffee: New Yorkers, rejoice! This small coffeehouse chain is giving away free drip coffee from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. on National Coffee Day.
- Lavazza Coffee: No matter where you live in New York, you can pick up a free cup of coffee from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. throughout Manhattan. Can't beat the morning rush? At its downtown location, enjoy free java at anytime of the day with the purchase of a pastry.
- Takeya USA: If you're interested in making your own cold brews at home, Takeya USA is offering 20% off of its Cold Brew Coffee Maker all day. Use the code "COFFEE" at checkout.