The Top 10 Delivery Foods Of 2018 (And How To Make Them At Home)
Bean burrito, anyone?
To find out what food trends shaped 2018, Grubhub analyzed millions of orders placed by more than 16 million diners and surveyed consumers across the country. The food delivery service released findings from its annual "Year in Food" report this week.
Here’s what they learned:
1.) People love chicken.
Like really, really love it. Chicken dishes made up half of the Top 10 delivery foods this year.
WATCH: How to Make Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup
2.) Plant-based foods are on the rise.
Despite chicken’s extreme popularity, the top spot this year went to bean burritos. Not surprisingly, cauliflower also made a big impact.
3.) Dare we say it? Avocado toast is on its way out.
The trendy toast was No. 3 last year, but didn’t crack the Top 10 in 2018.
Though it’s convenient, ordering in can be expensive. Next time a craving hits, try making one of these recipes instead of reaching for the phone.
These are Grubhub’s Top 10 delivery foods of 2018, and how to make them at home:
1. Bean burrito (276% more popular this year)Our version:
2. Poke (205% more popular)Our version:
3. Chicken slider (189% more popular)
4. Baby back pork rib (165% more popular)
5. Chicken burrito (164% more popular)
6. Chicken sandwich (160% more popular)
7. Cauliflower rice bowl (155% more popular)
8. Chicken and waffle slider (145% more popular)
9. Parmesan chicken (139% more popular)
10. Buffalo cauliflower (124% more popular)