Grilled Corn with a Twist
Fresh corn just screamssummer to me. But plain old boiled corn can be a snooze day after day. I liketo boost corn with a few ingredients, and there’s no better corn than thecheesy, spicy corn on the cob served at Café Habana in New York City. They’reknown for their corn coated in Mexican cheese, chili powder, and lime juice.Lucky for us, we can make it at home (although it is worth a stop next time you're in NYC--or Malibu, California, their latest outpost).
GRILLED CORN, MEXICAN-STYLE
- 12 ears fresh supersweet corn, husked
- 12 ounces Cotija (queso anejado) or feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 12 fresh lime slices
- Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broilcorn, turning occasionally until hot and some kernels turn golden brown, about5 minutes.
- Crumble 1 ounce of cheese on one side of a corn ear. Sprinkle with 1/4teaspoon chili.