10 Spring Salads That Don't Suck
Broccoli, Grape, and Pasta Salad
If you've ever eaten semi-wilted greens for lunch with a mishmash of toppings that don't even make sense, you're in good company. Last week I think I sliced up a banana on top of my spinach salad. Yeah, I know...
With all the beautiful fruits and veggies in season, ain't nobody got time for a sad salad! Let your farmers' market fare shine in these fresh and hearty springtime salads.
Waldorf Chicken Salad
- This 5-star Waldorf Chicken Salad is one of the most popular recipes for chicken salad on our site. Serve over top a bed of fresh greens, heap spoonfuls onto multi-grain crackers, or enjoy by the spoonful. We're not judging! Get the recipe here.
Strawberry Salad with Warm Goat Cheese Croutons
2. Warm goat cheese croutons shine in this show stopping spring salad. Get the recipe here.
3. The mix-ins are endless for this heart and fresh pasta salad. Users suggest adding broccoli, carrots, or even apples. Get the recipe here.
Dixie Chicken Salad with Grapes, Honey, Almonds, and Broccoli
4. This gorgeous salad features breaded chicken tossed with lettuce, broccoli, and grapes, and topped with almonds and a honey and Dijon mustard vinaigrette. Get the recipe here.
Strawberry-Chicken Salad with Pecans
5. This main-dish salad features juicy strawberries at their seasonal peak. You can find the recipe here!
Penne with Green Beans and Tomatoes
6. Fresh dill adds zing to this 30-minute-ready pasta salad, but you can swap it for parsley, mint, or basil. We used penne, but feel free to use any other whole-wheat pasta.
Cranberry-Almond Broccoli Salad
7. A combination of canola mayonnaise and Greek yogurt lighten up traditional broccoli salad in this recipe makeover. We opt for center-cut bacon (a bit less of it) and swap the usual raisins for lower-sugar dried cranberries to pack a subtle punch of tart. At only 104 calories a serving, you can afford to have seconds! Get the recipe here.
Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Summer Salad
8. We grilled chicken, corn, and red onion and roasted Roma tomatoes for a salad brimming with equally impressive color and flavor. Feel free to sub the chicken with shrimp or salmon. You can find the recipe here.
Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Feta
9. Simple, beautiful, and fast. The oil and vinegar in the marinade double as the base for a simple vinaigrette. Get the recipe here!
10. If you're looking for the classic broccoli salad your mom used to make, this one's it. Red grapes, crumbled bacon, chopped pecans, and super-fresh broccoli shine in this 5-star recipe that's easily doubled to feed a crowd. You can find the recipe here.