Veg Out with Southwest Flavors
• Stewed onions Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add 3 cups thinly sliced onions; cook over medium-low heat 10 minutes or until soft and browned. Add 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, and 1 tablespoon cider vinegar. Cook 30 seconds or until liquid evaporates. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
• Prepared coleslaw tossed with bottled vinaigrette and queso fresco or goat cheese
Total time: 43 minutes
1. While onions cook:
• Combine ingredients for burgers.
2. While burger patties refrigerate:
• Prepare Chipotle Mayonnaise.
• Toss coleslaw with dressing and cheese.