These meat-filled peppers bake for 20 minutes, leaving time to fix simple sides like sautéed cabbage and sugar snap peas. (Serves 4) Stuffed Peppers
• Sautéed cabbage Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add 4 cups shredded napa (Chinese) cabbage and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook 3 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring frequently.
• Sugar snap peas
Total time: 45 minutes
1. While rice cooks:
• Cut tops off peppers, and remove seeds and membranes.
• Microwave peppers.
• Chop onion and parsley for peppers.
• Preheat oven.
2. While meat mixture cooks:
• Grate cheese for peppers.
• Bring wine mixture to a boil.
3. While peppers bake:
• Prepare cabbage.
• Prepare sugar snap peas.