Moist, tangy, and full of citrus flavor, this is a chicken dinner with Latino flair. Serve with a cilantro and green onion rice and a tart pineapple sorbet for dessert. (Serves 4) Margarita-Braised Chicken Thighs
Margarita-Braised Chicken Thighs
• Green rice Bring 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan; stir in 1 cup long-grain white rice. Cover and cook 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Combine 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 3/4 cup sliced green onions, and 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice. Add to rice; stir well.
• Pineapple sorbet
Total time: 43 minutes
1. While chicken browns:
• Slice onion and mince garlic.
• Combine fruit, juice, and tequila.
2. While chicken bakes:
• Chop cilantro and onion for rice.
• Squeeze lime juice for rice.