Laid-Back Easter Sunday Dinner
Planning ahead will leave you plenty of time to relax before guests arrive. Just follow these timely tips.
1. Prepare the Double Citrus Tart up to 1 month ahead, omitting the whipped cream and garnish; chill as directed. Remove the metal rim of the tart pan; cover and freeze in a zip-top freezer bag. Thaw overnight in refrigerator; add whipped cream and garnish up to 4 hours before serving.
2. Toast the almonds for the Roasted Asparagus up to 1 month ahead and freeze in a zip-top freezer bag.
3. Stir together the marinade ingredients for Lexington-Style Grilled Chicken up to 1 day ahead; add chicken at least 2 hours ahead or up to 8 hours ahead.
4. Prepare Three-Cheese Pasta Bake up to 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
5. Wash and trim the asparagus up to 1 day ahead, and store in a zip-top bag. Add garlic and olive oil just before roasting.
6. Prepare the salad dressing, the spinach, and the vegetable toppings for the salad up to 1 day ahead; cover and chill. Slice the strawberries up to 3 hours before serving.