Home-cooked meat and potatoes have never been more classy. (Serves 4) Fresh Herb-Coated Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
Fresh Herb-Coated Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
• Green peas and leeks Melt 2 teaspoons butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup thinly sliced leek (white part only); cover and cook 5 minutes or until tender. Add 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth and 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
• Baked potatoes
Total time: 43 minutes
1. While oven preheats:
• Microwave potatoes at HIGH 6 minutes.
• Rub spices on steaks.
• Wash and slice leeks.
2. While steaks cook:
• Put potatoes in oven to bake (cook at 450° for 20 minutes or until done).
• Cook leeks.
• Sauté mushrooms and garlic for gravy.
2. While steaks rest:
• Add cornstarch mixture to thicken gravy.
• Add peas to leeks.