Heat up a cool winter night with a menu of quick-simmering chili and spicy quesadillas. (Serves 4) Beef and Beer Chili
Beef and Beer Chili
• Jack and red pepper quesadillas Coat 1 side of each of 4 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas with cooking spray. Place tortillas, coated side down, on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle each tortilla with 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese, 2 tablespoons chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, and 2 teaspoons sliced green onion. Fold each tortilla in half. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut into wedges.
• Mixed green salad with bottled cilantro dressing
Total time: 41 minutes
1. While oven preheats for quesadillas:
• Chop ingredients for chili.
2. While chili simmers:
• Assemble the quesadillas.
3. While quesadillas bake:
• Toss salad.