Up to two months ahead:
• Bake Cranberry-Orange Tea Bread Muffins, but leave them unglazed. Freeze in a zip-top plastic freezer bag.
• Make Candied Kumquat Slices for muffins. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let stand at room temperature.
• Make Gruyère Cheese Sauce for Gentlemen's Casserole. Cover and chill.
• Make Winter Fruit Compote, and chill.
• Bake puff pastry shells for Gentlemen's Casserole. Store at room temperature in a zip-top plastic freezer bag.
• Make Kane's Peppery Bloody Mary.
• Make Orange-Cream Cheese Glaze.
• Thaw muffins at room temperature; top with glaze and kumquat slices.
• Reheat puff pastry shells on a baking sheet at 350º for 5 minutes.
• Microwave Gruyère Cheese Sauce.
• Scramble eggs, and fold in Cheese Sauce.