Better than Take-Out Dinner
A homemade dipping sauce elevates frozen egg rolls from instant to inspiring. They're the perfect side for this piquant fried rice. (Serves 4) Pork and Edamame Fried Rice
Pork and Edamame Fried Rice
• Egg rolls with dipping sauce Bake 4 frozen white-meat chicken egg rolls (such as Pagoda) according to package directions. While egg rolls bake, combine 1 tablespoon minced green onions, 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons duck sauce, and 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce (such as Sriracha). Serve sauce with egg rolls.
• Lemon sorbet
Total time: 40 minutes
1. While water comes to a boil for the rice:
• Preheat oven for egg rolls.
• Chop and measure ingredients for fried rice.
2. While egg rolls bake:
• Cook long-grain rice.
• Scoop sorbet into individual bowls; freeze.
• Prepare dipping sauce.
3. Prepare fried rice.