Asian-Inspired Weeknight Dinner
Serve a sweet-and-spicy menu seasoned with the flavors of the Orient in about 30 minutes. (Serves 4) Kung Pao Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
• Cool cucumber salad Whisk together 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint; 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil; 2 seeded, peeled, and sliced cucumbers; 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges; and 2 chopped green onions. Toss to combine.
• Short-grain or sticky rice
Total time: 30 minutes
1. While water boils for rice:
• Prepare and chill salad.
2. While rice cooks:
• Cut vegetables and slice chicken.
3. Cook chicken and vegetables.