Cooking takes time. It just does! You can either spend more time at the stove up to your elbows in flour and olive oil, or you can take a few minutes to plan things out and save yourself some time later on.
Here are some time-saving tips:
- Make menu planners, that way you're prepared each day.
- Be open to change and don't plan too far in advance.
- Practice recipe grazing. Look through cookbooks and magazines often to find new and quick recipes.
- Read the recipe before you go shopping and make shopping lists.
- Check recipes for ingredients and equipment you might need.
- When prepping ingredients, it's okay to make twice as much and save the leftovers for a future meal.
- Start with a clean and organized kitchen. This will keep your workflow smooth and easy.