This Chicken Nugget Bouquet Is the Only Way to Say ‘I Love You’ This Valentine's Day
There’s no denying that edible bouquets are having a serious moment right now. We’re calling it now, folks: Food is the new flowers.
We’ve covered our fair share of delicious-looking arrangements over the last few weeks, so we decided to get in on the action ourselves. Reese’s, pickles, and salami have all had their moments in the sun—it’s time to let chicken nuggets shine. Because what says “true love” like a vase full of nugs?
I’m not an expert on many things, but I know my way around a Chick-fil-A. So, naturally, I commandeered this project and took it to the next (if not slightly unnecessary) level.
It turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself! Also, it’s shockingly easy to recreate at home.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 36 Chick-fil-A nuggets
- 1 large order of fries
- 1 large styrofoam cup
- 1 styrofoam ball, roughly the size of the mouth of the cup
- Bamboo skewers
- Artificial flowers
- 1 bow
- Dried beans or rice
- Gather your supplies. If you’ve made it home without eating any nuggets or fries, congratulations! The hardest part is already behind you.
- Weigh down your cup (about ⅔ full) with the dried beans or rice—the end result is pretty top-heavy, and this’ll keep it steady.
- Fit the ball inside the cup. About an inch of styrofoam should peek out over the top.
- Thread the nuggets and fries onto the skewers (kebab-style) and stick the skewers pointy-side down into the styrofoam. Arrange however you want—varying the heights of the kebabs will make your bouquet look fuller.
- Attach flowers to skewers with tape, and place them strategically to cover up any holes.
- Attach your bow to the cup.
- Take 100 pictures and Instagram all of them—because, damn, that’s one good-looking bouquet.