8 Gadgets that Will Save Time in the Kitchen
Everyone knows that sharp knives make kitchen work easier. There's also a host of other gadgets that can shave off time spent in the kitchen, but it really depends on what you cook the most. Start with good knives, cutting boards, and measuring tools and go from there. Then take a look at investing in the following:
- A knife sharpener - A dull knife can slip and slide around while you're chopping, and that could be dangerous. Owning a knife sharpener will help you keep your knives in shape.
- Kitchen shears - Sharp shears can open packages, trim fat off meats, chop fresh herbs, and dice fruit. Look for dishwasher-safe shears for convenience.
- Measuring cups and spoons - Buy a spare measuring cup or two. That way you'll always have one handy and you won't have to wash the same cup over and over when you need one.
- Large mixing bowls - Sometimes using a bigger mixing bowl for a recipe will prevent messes. You can't make tuna salad for four in a small mixing bowl without getting everything all over the counters.
- Instant-read meat thermometer - You'll always know when your meat is done cooking! Plus, it's the best guarantee for food safety.
- Immersion blender - This gadget is helpful when it comes to pureeing, and it also helps you keep your work space clean. Make sure your immersion blender has a detachable blade for easy cleanup.
- Food processor - You'll be able to chop, dice, grind, and puree by barely lifting a finger. Plus, it cuts down on prep time.
- High-quality pots and pans - Nothing pays off like good cookware over the years. Heavy-duty pots hold their heat and cook evenly, while high-quality nonstick coatings will let you cook with ease.