Frozen shrimp is available at most grocery stores in the seafood section. It's a great option for hectic weeknights or when you're limited on time. Shrimp cooks quickly and can be paired with tons of other ingredients. Here are a few examples of frozen shrimp meals that you can whip up in no time!
- Lemon Shrimp Saute: Saute about a pound of shrimp with a couple tablespoons of lemon juice, pepper, and your favorite herbs.
- Asian-Style Skewered Shrimp: Combine two tablespoons of of hoisin sauce with 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Arrange frozen, deveined shrimp on pre-soaked skewers and brush sauce over shrimp. Cook on a pre-heated grill pan for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Shrimp Tacos: To prepare the shrimp, coat about one pound of frozen, deveined shrimp with one tablespoon of chili powder and one tablespoon of oil. Cook in a heated grill pan for about 6 minutes. Then combine the shrimp in tortillas with your favorite toppings.
- Roasted Shrimp: Combine shrimp and a couple sprigs of fresh rosemary in a greased 9x13 glass dish. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- Easy Shrimp Stir-Fry: Before you add the shrimp to your wok, stir-fry your favorite extras, such as garlic, bell pepper, celery, onions, etc. Then add a pound of frozen, deveined shrimp and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Steamed Shrimp: In a vegetable steamer in a saucepan with about 1 inch of simmering water, add 8 small red potatoes, cover, and steam for 10 minutes. Then add 4 ears of shucked corn and 1 pound of frozen shrimp. Cover and steam for 10 more minutes.