App Help: Daily Indulgence
See how easy it is to indulge in luscious dessert recipes on a daily basis with a new dessert app from MyRecipes with these simple instructions and FAQs.
Indulge your dessert cravings with the MyRecipes Daily Indulgence app for iPad by browsing more than 400 decadently delicious dessert recipes, organized into top categories: cakes, cupcakes, cookies, pies, frozen treats, holiday desserts and low-sugar treats. Plus, you can treat yourself to the "dessert of the day" right when you open up the app.
How to Get Around in the MyRecipes Daily Indulgence Dessert App
When the app opens up to the daily recipe, tap on that recipe image and you will go directly to the recipe page.
To browse recipes by category, tap on Categories in the navigation at the top of the screen and you'll see a menu with a list of recipe categories. Tap on the desired category and you'll go to a screen with recipe titles and images. Swipe down to continue browsing recipe titles in that category.
When you find a recipe you want to view, tap on that recipe title and go to the recipe page. To continue browsing, you can swipe to view more recipes in that category without having to go back to the original category search page. To return to the category search page, tap on the back arrow at the top left of the screen.
To search for a specific recipe, tap on the Search bar at the top of the screen, type in the kind of recipe you are looking for, and tap the search key on the keyboard.
To save a recipe, go to the recipe page and tap on the Add to Favorites button beneath the recipe title. To find your list of the recipes you have saved, tap on Favorites in the navigation at the top of the screen.
To create a shopping list, tap the Shopping List button beneath the recipe title.
To share a recipe, tap on the Share Recipe button beneath the recipe title and select e-mail, Twitter or Facebook.
To get to the MyRecipes site, tap on the MyRecipes logo at the top of the screen to the left of the Search bar.
1. What do I do if my app gets stuck or freezes?
If the app "gets stuck" at any point, you'll need to quit the app and re-start. Here are steps on how to quit an app on an iPad:
- On your iPad, press the round home button at the bottom of your device once. This will take you back to the home screen of your device.
- Once you're on the home screen, press the round home button quickly two times. This will bring up the multi-tasking bar at the bottom of your iPad.
- You should see MyRecipes listed as one of the apps that is running. Hold your finger over the MyRecipes icon until it starts to jiggle. Once it starts to jiggle, it will also get a small red minus icon, which you can tap to quit the application.
- Once you quit the application (and any other ones you're not using), press the round home button again. This will hide the multi-tasking bar and show the device home screen again. Find the MyRecipes icon and start the app again.
2. Why can't I see all of the recipes for the whole month?
When you are viewing recipes in the calendar format, you can swipe to view recipes for previous months and days, but you can only swipe to move ahead one day in the calendar.
3. Why don't all of the recipes have nutrition information?
The recipes in MyRecipes Daily Indulgence are reformatted for the app with the same content that appeared with the recipe in its original magazine or cookbook source. If the recipe did not originally have a nutritional analysis, it does not have one here.
4. Is this app available on the iPhone®?
The MyRecipes Daily Indulgence app is only available for iPad®at the current time.
5. Will there be an app for the Android?
The MyRecipes Daily Indulgence app is currently only available for iPad®. We may consider a version for Android for future releases.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.