This British Grocery Store Is Hiring a Chicken Nugget Taster
You get paid in chicken nuggets
In college, I was unfairly harangued by my roommates for subsisting on little more than chicken nuggets. But much like a literature major signing their first book deal, it sounds like one of the poor life choices I made at age 19 is going to finally pay off after all. Too bad my dream job requires relocation to Great Britain.
In order to make sure its upcoming line of fresh and frozen treats is up to par, British retail chain B&M is looking for a “chicken connoisseur” to offer up their particular set of poultry tasting skills. What are some of the qualifications, you ask? As it turns out, most of the relevant experience points mentioned in the job posting don’t even have anything to do with chicken:
- Getting the 20 share box of nuggets from McDonalds and keeping them all for yourself
- Being the first in the office kitchen whenever someone says there’s cake
- That time you tripped and fell at a buffet and saved the plate before yourself
- Going to an event or party because there is free food
- You value the importance of a fish finger sandwich in life
- You can conduct a power point presentation on the reasoning behind curly fries being nicer than chips
This isn’t going to be the kind of gig that’ll pay your rent, unfortunately. The only real compensation comes in the form of £25 of B&M vouchers each month, redeemable for chicken nuggets and other tasty treats at any one of the store’s 560 locations across the UK. In exchange, all they ask is that you provide feedback about what you’re buying and how it tastes. Still, this measures right up there with pizza taster (what’s with the Brits and tasty jobs?) as one of the more scrumptious side hustles around.
No word yet on how Britain’s actual “chicken connoisseur”, YouTube personality Elijah Quashie feels about the whole thing, but I’m sure he’d attest that the chicken wings at Eden’s Cottage are better than anything you’d find inside a B&M.