Valentine's Day at Home
Being new parents this Valentine's Day, my husband and I will undoubtedly be trading in a night on the town for a night in with our 4-month-old. Between the diaper changing and nursery rhyme singing, I set out to find some ways to make this holiday special for us. Here's the top 5 ideas I found from fellow bloggers. I'd love to hear your tips, too!
- Be your own cozy bar. (from SheKnows) "Set up a bar in your house (or use thecountertop) and stock it full of all your favorite spirits and mixers. Spend thenight creating fun cocktails or "mocktails" and testing them out on one another.Be sure to write down the recipes for your favorites so you can make them nextyear."
- Countdown to Valentine's Day (from Home By Sunset) "My insatiable love for Valentine's Day comes from my mom, who never made itabout being part of a couple. She made the family special Valentine's Daybreakfasts, put hearts up everywhere, filled bowls with conversation hearts andjust let us know how much she loved us. It is contagious."
- Picnic Fun (from All That Women Want) "Placea blanket on the floor near the lit fireplace with candles on the mantle andhave your Valentine's meal as a candle-lit picnic with a bottle of your favoritebubbly."
- Sexy Valentine's Day Foods (from Poked & Prodded) "Dark chocolate: There is some evidence that chocolate putsus in the mood for love by raising levels of serotonin, the feel-good chemical,in the brain. Delicate, juicy, and delicious—chocolate-covered strawberries aretruly seductive."
- For Your Someone Special (from fancyflours) "Everyone loves cupcakes! Treat your someone special with a batch of cupcakeshandmade with love!"