When it comes to selecting the year’s Thanksgiving pie line-up, the options...
When it comes to selecting the year’s Thanksgiving pie line-up, the options are so plentiful they can feel a bit overwhelming. Narrowing your options may not be as easy as picking your favorites. It’s pie—they’re all favorites. This Turkey Day, turn to something a bit more mystical to make your pie picks: your zodiac sign. Read more...
If you want a full Thanksgiving meal but don't want to bother with roasting...
If you want a full Thanksgiving meal but don't want to bother with roasting a whole turkey, here's the recipe for you.
Get the Recipe: Sheet Pan Thanksgiving Dinner
Get the Recipe: Thanksgiving Leftovers Lasagna
Mom vs. Thanksgiving
- I'm about to show you the coolest thing to do with leftover biscuits. It'...
- I'm about to show you the coolest thing to do with leftover biscuits. It's make gravy. And I'm not making gravy to pour over the biscuit, I'm making the gravy with the biscuit. You know with the holidays coming you might find yourself with some leftover biscuits or rolls or something like that. I'm sure this would work with anything, but the biscuits give it the best texture. In here I've got about six crumbled up biscuits. And everything just goes straight into the blender. No standing over the stove in this recipe. And then three cups of warm milk. Whoop. It doesn't look like the most appetizing thing, but don't tell anyone what's in it. Oh, and a little Tabasco. You want it to go about two minutes, because you don't want it to be chunky. If you want it thicker, you can add more biscuits. I love this consistency. It's like a thinner gravy. I'm telling you, it's delicious. Mmmm, I'm gonna get one of my skeptics to come taste it. Do you trust me?
- I think you're gonna be surprised.
- Okay, it's just biscuits, milk, butter, and Tabasco, that's all obviously.
- Salt and pepper.
- It's pretty good.
- It is pretty good.
- I know. I'm gonna tell you what this would be good served over, some fried chicken, some grilled pork chops or grilled chicken. I'm telling you, that is way easier than standing over, making a roux. It's like you're eating a chicken biscuit. Y'all that's good.
How to Make Thanksgiving Leftovers Lasagna
Thanksgiving Leftover Breakfast Casserole
How to Make Turkey and Waffles
Nicole gives a mix of Japanese candies and snacks a try. How many of them w...
Nicole gives a mix of Japanese candies and snacks a try. How many of them were wins and how many of them were a bust?
- - I've just received a Japanese snack box. The only reason I even know that snack boxes are a thing is from my kids because they watch all kinds of snack unboxing videos. Alright, let's see what's inside. Oh, it's all wrapped up like a present. Cute little magnet Whoa, look how fun that looks. Oh gosh, you can only guess what it is because there's no writing in English. This is some sort of cake looking thing. I just hope there's nothing in here that has a lot of shrimp paste. Oh, it looks like a churro. Chocalatey, smells good. I was wrong, it is not a churro. Oh, it taste like a Nutty Buddy. Kind of like that wafery, chocolate, it's pretty tasty. Mmm, that's good. Y'all always do this kinda thing to me right before I go to the beach. Just sayin'. Ooh, that looks like barbecue ribs. But then it also, kinda up here, looks like a Cheeto with a barbecue flavor. I was totally, ooh, I was definitely right on what it is. Look, it looks like a Cheeto, cheese curl, whatever you wanna call it. But I was kind of expecting that cheese flavor and it is not that. I like salty-sweet, but that's more like sweet-salty. Okay, let's see what else is in here. This is an Aerial. I can pronounce that. Oh, this has ingredients written in English. First off, this reminds me of a Bugle. I think I'm gonna like this one And it tastes kinda like the cheesy Bugel. A little bit sweet, it's real airy and crunchy. A little bit too sweet. They're puttin' a little too much sugar in their snacks. But, it's good. It's better than the Cheeto. Oooh, look at this. Look what that says on there. Bourbon. Dang, I probably shoulda gotten like a Japanese beer to have with this. Lotta carbs going on in this bucket. It doesn't smell like bourbon. I feel like you're so close to me. It kinda smells like herbaly. Kinda like an herbal tea or something like that. This is exactly the texture of those sugar wafers that have the wafery thing with the creamy stuff in the middle. Somethin' about this flavor is like... I think there's seaweed in here. What is a Japanese bourbon snack? There's actually not any alcohol in this product. Bourbon is the manufacturer's name. It's just flour, sugar, palm oil, fermented butter. Maybe that's what's givin' it that twang. It would probably be good with a cup of hot tea. Okay, these say fizzy candy. Looks like some sorta Pikachu character on the front. Mmmm, good grape flavor. They don't fizz at all. The texture's like a Smartie. Okay, what is this? It looks like a Coca-Cola type candy. Kinda looks like a malt ball. But the flavor's gonna be Coca-Cola, or cola. Hashtag not sponsored. Uh oh. It tastes like the old Coke candy. These are good. Ooh, I like these. These bring me back to my childhood. These are mine. Now, I know this has to be like a Pop Rock. Oh, there's a stick and then some sugar. Kinda like a Lik-M-Aid meets a Pop Rock. But we know it's gonna be cola again 'cause there's a cute little Coke can on the front. First y'all, lick. Doesn't have that nostalgic cola flavor like that other thing. Oh, it gives you instructions. First, you lick it, then you dip it and then... you go crazy. I'm not going crazy. Pass. I can't believe I didn't get a cocktail for this. I feel like I need one. Just need a little somethin' to cut the sweetness from all this snackin'. Pretty good. Feels like a cookie. It's that green color again. Oh, and it's broken. So you can see there's something inside. It's probably like green tea and chocolate. I'm wrong again. It kinda looks like a fruity center, like a Fig Newton. But it does have that tea-like herbalness. Golly, there's so many. Alright, these are like Pocky Sticks, strawberry flavor. I know what these are gonna taste like. Oh, here's another dipable. So I just heard these are around $40. That ain't happenin'. You get your own box from the dollar store and then you go to the Asian supermarket. I know I could make this for my kids for like $10. That's your tip. And these are like the banana things, sprinkles, chocolate sauce, and a toothpick. I think this could be like a banana split. Great idea, but kinda weird. It kinda looks like gum. Tastes just like a Circus Peanut. I'll let my kids do this later. Alright, these look like Sour Straws. They're grape things, smell just like grape Bubblicious Gum. Kinda like a grape Sour Straw, but better. These'll go into my stash. This, in English, says coris whistle candy. So maybe this makes a sound. I can't really whistle. I can only blow in and whistle. So maybe this'll help me. And I don't know what's in here. A dinosaur, that's just an extra treat you get that your kid can choke on. Okay, let's see if this makes me whistle. My kids would have a ball with these. These are way too obnoxious though. Those are kinda fun. I don't know if that's gum. I think it's gum, but maybe it's about to dissolve. I don't know, I feel like I need more. I just have to eat the whole... Kinda tastes like the gum that's in the center of a Blow Pop. You know how it's kinda like crunchy. This is gum, but it doesn't pull like gum. I don't know, I give up. The beer is good with it, P.S.. I'm kind of getting the craze of the Japanese snack box. Definitely a fun family game, friends when they come over for a sleepover, a good birthday gift if you're willing to spend $40 or so. I think I've got three solid favorites out of this box. We have the chocolate crunch, the chewy grape Sour Straw things and my most nostalgic flavor, the Coca-Cola Whopper looking candies. Gosh, if you grew up in my era, you've gotta get these. $40 for a box of snacks is a little over my budget but I guess it is a lot cheaper than a plane ticket to Japan. I'd love to hear from you. What are your favorite Japanese snacks? Have you had any snack boxes that you've tried that you would like me to try? Don't forget to like, subscribe, share this page and comment below so we can take our next trip together.
Mom vs Haunted House Experience
Mom vs. Facebook Comments Volume 2
If you’re allergic to peanut butter, you probably get irritated every time ...
If you’re allergic to peanut butter, you probably get irritated every time you come across a breakfast cookie. But rejoice, if you’ve never tried sunflower butter, now is the moment. Because it makes a really killer breakfast cookie.
These Breakfast Cookies Are a Peanut-Free Miracle
How to Make Cookie Dough for One
How to Make Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Apples abound! There are many varieties of apples on the market today, with...
Apples abound! There are many varieties of apples on the market today, with new heirloom types popping up every year as the air gets crisp in the fall. Put your bushel to good use with these freshly picked recipes.
Boasting stunning shapes and patterns, and dressed in an eye-catching autum...
Boasting stunning shapes and patterns, and dressed in an eye-catching autumnal color palette, winter squash are undoubtedly some of the most exciting pieces of cool weather produce to shop for. Of course, once you have these gorgeous gourds home from the market, it’s all too easy to fall into a rut of simply slicing and roasting. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying deliciously caramelized chunks of butternut squash as an no-thought-necessary side dish, for sure; but these hard-shelled beauties have more to offer. From acorn to spaghetti squash, here are some of our favorite ways to make the most of winter squash.
We get it—the holidays are expensive, especially when you feel obligated to...
We get it—the holidays are expensive, especially when you feel obligated to buy a gift for everyone in what feels like an ever-expanding circle of close acquaintances. That's why we rounded up a collection of high-quality gifts without that high price tag. At $15 and under, these gifts won't break the bank. Plus, they're items that people actually want to receive.
We get it—the holidays are expensive, especially when you feel obligated to...
We get it—the holidays are expensive, especially when you feel obligated to buy a gift for everyone in what feels like an ever-expanding circle of close acquaintances. That's why we rounded up a collection of high-quality gifts without that high price tag. At $25 and under, these gifts won't break the bank. Plus, they're items that people actually want to receive.
We get it, the holidays are expensive - we also know that price and quality...
We get it, the holidays are expensive - we also know that price and quality aren't always exclusive. That's why this year, we're organizing our gift guides by price. At $50 and under, the following gifts are marginally affordable and perfect for anyone who deserves something special. If you're looking for something cheaper, check out our guides for gifts under $15 and gifts under $25.