Our family's go-to lake destination is located pretty much in the middle of nowhere, so time more or less stops when I'm there. I'm lucky if I can get reception on my cell phone for longer than 30 seconds, and I let my email go unchecked for entire days. I know, I know — crazy, right?
But, that's what makes the lake the perfect place to enjoy time with good friends, good weather (fingers crossed!), and of course — good food.
- Bacon-and-Egg Casserole
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Quick Double-Cheese Grits
- Peach Streusel Muffins
- Fresh Fruit Salad with Orange-Ginger Syrup
And while there's no better way to start a day on the water than with a hearty lakeside breakfast, we can't forget about those other meals! Here are some of our "crew's" other staples when we're putting together our lake grocery list:
- A solid chip and dip recipe (my personal favorite is tortilla chips with a warm queso dip)
- A great margarita
- A tasty marinade for the latest fish ("Seriously! It was this big!") my dad has reeled in
- Plenty of lunch meats and sandwich ingredients for quick lunches we can bring on the boat
What are your must-haves for a weekend of fun and sun?