"Great soup for cold winter day! If you like spicy, use the Adouille Sausage or Hot Italian Sausage in place of Sweet Italian Sausage for that little extra kick!"
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Italian Sausage, or Andouille Sausage ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 whole(s) Large White Onion diced
- 4 tablespoon(s) Bacon pieces chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) Garlic puree
- 10 cup(s) Water
- 5 cube(s) Chicken Bouillon
- 1 cup(s) Heavy Cream
- 1 pound(s) Russet Potatoes (3 Lg) sliced
- 1/4 bunch(es) Fresh Kale cut
- 1. Sautee Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
- 2. In same pot, sautee bacon, onions, and garlic for approx. 15 min. or until the onions are soft.
- 3. Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until boiling.
- 4. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half hour.
- 5. Add heavy cream and cook until thorougly heated.
- 6. Stir in sasuage.
- 7. Add kale just before serving.
- Private Recipe from FTroop73
This recipe is a personal recipe added by FTroop73 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note