Zuppa Toscana Soup (Two Peas and Their Pod)
Community Recipe from
- 1+ pound(s) Turkey Italian sausage (I use Jennie-O mild) See preparation notes.
- 1+ teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 white onion diced
- 4+ slice(s) bacon chopped
- 2-3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 8 cup(s) chicken STOCK (I use about 6 cups of stock)
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1- bag(s) petite golden potatoes unpeeled, sliced
- 3 cup(s) kale roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Bake sausage at 375 degrees. Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- 2. Saute the bacon. Add onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Saute until onions are tender.
- 3. Add the chicken stock and bring to boil. Add potatoes and cook until soft. (I add salt at this step.)
- 4. Add heavy cream and sausage and heat.
- 5. Add kale.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by benwac and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Zuppa Toscana Soup (Two Peas and Their Pod) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes