Zuppa Toscana (Soup)
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 to 1 pound(s) spicy Italian sausage crumbled - remove from casing if using links
- 4-8 slice(s) smoked bacon chopped
- 1 quart(s) water
- 32 ounce(s) chicken broth
- 2 large russet potatoes scrubbed clean, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves peeled, crushed
- 1 medium onion
- 2 to 3 cup(s) chopped kale
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage, breaking into small pieces as you fry it; drain, set aside.
- Brown bacon, either in a skillet or microwave; set aside to cool then chop.
- Place water, broth, potatoes, garlic, and onion in a pot; simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Add sausage and bacon to pot; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add kale and cream to pot; season with salt and pepper; heat through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carrolljo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note