Zuppa Toscana (Soup)
This is an amazing Italian cream based soup. It is similar to the soup found at Olive Garden. This Zuppa Toscana tastes more delicious the next day, as the flavors have had time to come together. Serve with a green salad and breadsticks.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 to 1 pound(s) spicy Italian sausage crumbled - remove from casing if using links
- 4-8 slice(s) smoked bacon chopped
- 1 quart(s) water
- 32 ounce(s) chicken broth
- 2 large russet potatoes scrubbed clean, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves peeled, crushed
- 1 medium onion
- 2 to 3 cup(s) chopped kale
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage, breaking into small pieces as you fry it; drain, set aside.
- Brown bacon, either in a skillet or microwave; set aside to cool then chop.
- Place water, broth, potatoes, garlic, and onion in a pot; simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Add sausage and bacon to pot; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add kale and cream to pot; season with salt and pepper; heat through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carrolljo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note