Zuppa Toscana (Pinterest)
Similar soup to Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Italian Sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 whole(s) Large Onion chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 4 tablespoon(s) bacon crumbled
- 8 cup(s) Chicken broth
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) 1/2 and 1/2
- 2 whole(s) Russet Potatoes sliced thin
- 3 cup(s) Kale chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt/pepper
- . In a large soup pot brown up your sausage with the red pepper flakes
- 2. While the sausage is cooking, slice up your potatoes. Nice and thin, now
- . Then quarter the slices.
- 4. Chop up your onions, and mince your garlic.
- 5. Once the sausage is cooked remove it to a plate, and pour your onions, garlic and bacon into the soup pot. Saute them, stirring frequently until the onions are transparent.
- 6. Add the broth and water to the soup pot
- 7. Carefully pour in your potatoes. Bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the potatoes cook. Should only take about 10 minutes.
- 8. While your taters are cooking wash up your Kale. This lovely image above is Kale. I have to admit, when I read the original recipe I though. “Kale? What in the world is Kale? Is that some kind of bird without the U sound in its name?” Don’t tell anyone how exceedingly lame I am, ok? Thanks. ‘Precieate it. Kale, my friends is a thick leafy vegetable that can be found in a regular grocery store in the produce section. Easy. Much easier than finding Quail, as far as I can tail tell.
- Roughly chop up your Kale into small pieces.
- 9. Once your potatoes have cooked through, add the half and half,
- and the Italian Sausage. Cook the soup just until it is heated through
- 10. Add your Kale, remove from the heat and serve.
- Olive Garden breadstick reciepe is avaailble on this blog listed below.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandjp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note