- 1 pound Italian sausage (spicy)
- 4-6 russet potatoes, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 bunch kale (or swiss chard), destemmed and cut/torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
How to Make It
Brown sausage links in a sauté pan.
Cut links in half lengthwise, then cut slices.
Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft.
30 minutes before serving:
Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
Add cream and kale to the crock pot, stir.
Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
Top with bacon immediately before serving.