Prep: 22 minutes; other: 2 hours
This chilled dessert is traditionally made with layers of rum-soaked cake, creamy pudding, whipped cream, and candied fruit or almonds. We created individual servings by layering the ingredients in a variety of glasses and stemware.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 195
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Carbohydrate: 29.8g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 444mg
- Calcium: 228mg
- 1 (1.4-ounce) package sugar-free chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 (1-ounce) package sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 1 (3-ounce) package cakelike ladyfingers, split
- 6 tablespoons frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Prepare chocolate and vanilla pudding mixes according to package directions, using 2 cups of milk in each. Stir orange rind into vanilla pudding. Stir almond extract into chocolate pudding.
- 2. Combine rum and amaretto in a small bowl.
- 3. Tear 1 ladyfinger half into pieces, and place in bottom of a 6-ounce wine glass; drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon rum mixture. Top with about 2 tablespoons vanilla pudding. Tear another ladyfinger half into pieces, and place over vanilla-pudding layer; drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon rum mixture, and top with about 2 tablespoons chocolate pudding. Repeat layers, ending with chocolate pudding. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients and 5 wine glasses. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- 4. Spoon 1 tablespoon whipped topping onto each parfait; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon almonds.
- Note: You may substitute 1/2 teaspoon rum extract plus 2 tablespoons orange juice for the rum. You may substitute 1/4 teaspoon almond extract plus 2 tablespoons water for the amaretto, if desired.
- Zuppa Inglese (ZOO-puh ihn-GLAY-zay) literally translates as "English soup."
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note