Zuppa di Pasta e Fagioli Freschi (Pasta and Fresh Bean Soup)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 269
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Cholesterol: 4.6mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (6 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 8 cups fat-skimmed chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups (6 oz.) dried penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh beans
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 ounce thin-sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat, combine oil, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic; stir often until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add broth, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3. Stir penne pasta into broth and cook 7 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, trim stem ends and pull any strings from beans. Rinse beans and cut into 2-inch lengths. Add beans to pasta; cook until both are tender to bite, 5 to 6 minutes longer. Add basil and mix.
- 5. Ladle into bowls and scatter prosciutto evenly over portions. Add parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews