- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (6 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 8 cups fat-skimmed chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups (6 oz.) dried penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh beans
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 ounce thin-sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- calories 269
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- protein 21 g
- fat 4.2 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- carbohydrate 37 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- sodium 250 mg
- cholesterol 4.6 mg
How to Make It
In a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat, combine oil, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic; stir often until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
Add broth, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
Stir penne pasta into broth and cook 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, trim stem ends and pull any strings from beans. Rinse beans and cut into 2-inch lengths. Add beans to pasta; cook until both are tender to bite, 5 to 6 minutes longer. Add basil and mix.
Ladle into bowls and scatter prosciutto evenly over portions. Add parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.