I was nervous at first about how loose the batter seemed to be, and like others, that the quinoa didn't g!rind into a more flour-like consistency. But I just kept up with the recipe as written and they turned out delicious! My husband said they reminded him of falafel. That's the kind of crunch the quinoa gives to it. I will definitely make these when my veggy children and grandkids come to visit
Zucchini, Walnut, and Feta Cakes with Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce
Photo: Colin Clark; Styling: Lindsey Lower
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 336
- Fat: 19.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 589mg
- Calcium: 175mg
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 1/2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) container plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (about 2 ounces)
- 1. Place quinoa in a mini food processor; process 1 minute or until finely ground. Add chopped walnuts to processor; process until smooth.
- 2. Place zucchini in a colander, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss well. Let stand 10 minutes, tossing occasionally. Press zucchini between paper towels until barely moist.
- 3. Combine zucchini, green onions, dill, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cheese, and eggs in a large bowl; stir to combine. Sprinkle quinoa mixture over zucchini mixture; stir well to combine.
- 4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 4 (1/3-cup) zucchini batter mounds to pan; flatten into 3-inch cakes. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and batter to yield 8 cakes total.
- 5. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, yogurt, cucumber, and garlic in a small bowl. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top each serving with 2 cakes and about 1/4 cup cucumber mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note