- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 1/2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) container plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (about 2 ounces)
- calories 336
- fat 19.2 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- monofat 6.9 g
- polyfat 5.5 g
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 27 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 101 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 589 mg
- calcium 175 mg
How to Make It
Place quinoa in a mini food processor; process 1 minute or until finely ground. Add chopped walnuts to processor; process until smooth.
Place zucchini in a colander, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss well. Let stand 10 minutes, tossing occasionally. Press zucchini between paper towels until barely moist.
Combine zucchini, green onions, dill, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, cheese, and eggs in a large bowl; stir to combine. Sprinkle quinoa mixture over zucchini mixture; stir well to combine.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 4 (1/3-cup) zucchini batter mounds to pan; flatten into 3-inch cakes. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and batter to yield 8 cakes total.
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, yogurt, cucumber, and garlic in a small bowl. Divide greens evenly among 4 plates. Top each serving with 2 cakes and about 1/4 cup cucumber mixture. Serve immediately.