These are good but not fantastic. We enjoyed them with sweet chili sauce and Jalapeno chutney.
Zucchini and Thai Basil Pancakes
Photo: Annabelle Breakey
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 175
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 3.6g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 373mg
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- About 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini, drained and squeezed dry in a kitchen towel
- 2 green onions, sliced on a diagonal
- 1/4 cup Thai basil or regular basil cut into fine shreds, plus small basil sprigs
- About 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 250° and set a baking sheet in it. Mix flour, baking soda, and 1 tsp. salt in a medium bowl. Add egg and 3/4 cup water and whisk until smooth. Stir in zucchini, onions, and basil shreds.
- 2. Heat an 8-in. nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp. oil, and swirl. Spoon in one-quarter of batter and quickly spread even. Cook until underside is deep brown, 2 minutes; flip. Add a little oil if pan looks dry; brown second side. Transfer to oven. Make more pancakes the same way.
- 3. Quarter pancakes, garnish with basil sprigs, and add more salt if you like.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers