- 1 (10-inch) Greek Baking-Powder Piecrust
- Cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 2 cups diced red bell pepper (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 cups chopped zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Gruyère or Swiss cheese
- calories 242
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- fat 8.8 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 12.5 g
- carbohydrate 28.9 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- cholesterol 84 mg
- iron 2.6 mg
- sodium 466 mg
- calcium 251 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Press Greek Baking-Powder Piecrust into a 10-inch quiche dish coated with cooking spray. Combine eggs and egg whites in a medium bowl; beat well with a whisk. Brush 2 tablespoons egg mixture over crust, and set remaining egg mixture aside. Bake at 375° for 7 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add onion, bell pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; saute 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Add zucchini, garlic, and water; saute 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in thyme. Spoon zucchini mixture into prepared crust.
Add milks and 1/4 teaspoon salt to remaining egg mixture in bowl; beat well. Pour egg mixture evenly over zucchini mixture; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.