This soup was very easy to make. Kind of boring tasting, but better than other zucchini soup recipes I've tried.
Your family won't notice the beans in this pureed soup.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 129
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 18.6g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 534mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16-oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Garnishes: thinly sliced radishes, crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Sauté chopped celery and onion in hot olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Add zucchini and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat, and let stand 20 minutes.
- 3. Process soup, in batches, in a blender or food processor 30 seconds or until smooth. Return soup to Dutch oven, and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: You can also process soup with a handheld immersion blender directly in Dutch oven.
- Note: Nutritional analysis does not include garnishes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note