This soup was very easy to make. Kind of boring tasting, but better than other zucchini soup recipes I've tried.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 129
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 18.6g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 534mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16-oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Garnishes: thinly sliced radishes, crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Sauté chopped celery and onion in hot olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Add zucchini and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat, and let stand 20 minutes.
- 3. Process soup, in batches, in a blender or food processor 30 seconds or until smooth. Return soup to Dutch oven, and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: You can also process soup with a handheld immersion blender directly in Dutch oven.
- Note: Nutritional analysis does not include garnishes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note