Zucchini Salad with Tomato and Basil
Community Recipe from
- 1-2 whole(s) zucchini rmedium size sliced
- 3-4 whole(s) tomatoes small sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) basil leaves chiffonade
- salt to sprinkle on zucchini slices
- Wash zucchini and slice slightly less than 1/2 inch thick, then put in colander in single layer. Sprinkle on a generous amount of table salt and let sit for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, shake off each zucchini slice and wipe dry with a paper towel.
- While zucchini drains, slice tomatoes and chiffonade basil. (If you have large lettuce-leaf basil like I do, you can fold the leaves over for easier slicing.) Whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- To arrange salad, make a layer of zucchini slices on the plate, then a layer of tomato slices. Get creative here with the arrangement, depending on how big your zucchini and tomato slices are in proportion to each other. I put two tomatoes on each zucchini slice since I had the big slices of zucchini.
- Drizzle a generous amount of balsamic vinaigrette over each salad. You may not need all the dressing. Season with sea salt, then sprinkle with basil strips and serve immediately. Be sure to get some of the zucchini, tomato, basil, and vinaigrette in each bite for optimum eating pleasure.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bamannisi and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Zucchini Salad with Tomato and Basil Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers