- 2 (about 7 ounces each) medium zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 3 large scallions, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh sheep-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Olive oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges, for serving
How to Make It
In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, garlic, scallions, ricotta, eggs, lemon zest and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir well, then stir in the flour just until incorporated.
Line a large baking sheet with paper towels. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of olive oil until shimmering. Working in batches, add 2-tablespoon mounds of the zucchini batter to the hot oil, spreading them to form 3-inch fritters. Fry over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain the fritters on the paper towels and serve right away, with lemon wedges.