We really enjoyed this salad. It is a great combination of flavors and was a light dish on a hot summer night. I will prepare it again as zucchini is abundant. Dill, as suggested by another reviewer, sounds like a good addition.
Zucchini Ribbons With Feta and Mint
Narrow zucchini work best for this recipe so the peeler won't rip the edges of the ribbons. A wide peeler, such as a Y-shaped version, is ideal.
More From Southern Living
- 4 medium zucchini (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 2 shallots, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Using a Y-shaped vegetable peeler, cut zucchini lengthwise into very thin strips just until seeds are visible.
- 2. Toss zucchini ribbons with shallots and next 6 ingredients. Serve immediately over arugula.
- Squash Ribbons With Feta and Mint: Substitute yellow squash for zucchini. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Grilled Zucchini With Feta and Mint: Increase olive oil to 1/4 cup. Preheat grill to 350º to 400º (medium-high) heat. Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Brush with 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Grill zucchini, without grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Proceed with recipe as directed in Step 2. Prep: 20 min.; Grill: 6 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note