Zucchini Ribbon Lasagna
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoon(s) coarse salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) EVOO
- fresh ground pepper
- 12 ounce(s) ground turkey
- 2 med zucchini, trimmed
- 1 cup(s) part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can(s) whole, peeled plum tomatoes, with juice
- 1. Make the sauce: Pulse tomatoes with juice in a food processor until finely chopped. Heat oil in large pan over med heat. Cook onion and red pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender about 8 min. Add turkey, cook until browned. Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer until thick about 20 min. Stir in oregano and salt. Let cool.
- 2. Make the Lasagna:Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice zucchini lengthwise into thin strips (about 1/8 inch thick) using a mandoline or a sharp knife. Place 5 or 6 zucchini slices, overlapping slightly, in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Top with 1 cup sauce. Dot with 1/4 cup ricotta. Repeat twice with zucchini, remaining sauce, and 1/2 cup ricotta, alternating direction of zucchini. Top with remaining zucchini, alternating direction; brush with oil. Dot with remaining 1/4 cup ricotta. Season with pepper. Bake, uncovered, until lasagna bubbles and top browns, 50 to 60 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with oregano.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Hbrowning and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Zucchini Ribbon Lasagna Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes