Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
Cool: 5 Minutes
- 1 medium leek
- 4 bacon slices
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced (about 3 small squash)
- 1/2 pound small new potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Remove root, tough outer leaves, and tops from leek, leaving 2 inches of dark leaves. Thinly slice leek; rinse well, and drain.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in Dutch oven. Crumble bacon.
- 3. Sauté leek, celery, and garlic in hot drippings 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add chicken broth, zucchini, and potatoes, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in half-and-half, parsley, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat, and cool 5 minutes.
- 4. Process potato mixture, in batches, in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon, and serve immediately, or if desired, cover and chill 4 to 6 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews