This was very tasty! I made it last night. I did however make substitutions: No quiche dish, i used a 9x9 inch nonstick pan. I substituted Russet for the Yukon & Grape Tomatoes for the plum ( i had them handy). I also used pre-packaged Parmesan Cheese instead of fresh as there isn't any near where I live. It was very good! But next time I am going to try using less butter and incorporate Evoo to find out if that helps as well as a much larger tomato as well as use more vegetables for left overs!
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 50 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, chopped
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 medium-size Yukon gold potato, sliced
- 1 medium-size zucchini, sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; add onions, and sauté 10 to 12 minutes or until tender and onions begin to caramelize.
- 2. Spoon onions into a 10-inch quiche dish coated with cooking spray. Toss together potatoes and next 4 ingredients. Arrange potatoes, zucchini, and tomatoes in a single layer over onions, alternating and overlapping slightly. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. melted butter. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This