Zucchini and Portobello Stacks
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 286
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Protein: 12.5g
- Carbohydrate: 37.6g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 606mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Calcium: 104mg
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots (about 1 large)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) package presliced Portobello mushrooms
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 (8-ounce) French baguette
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) herbed goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- Combine first 4 ingredients; stir well with a whisk.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place mushrooms in a single layer in pan; sauté 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until liquid is almost absorbed. Remove from pan and place in a large bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan and place over medium heat. Cut zucchini slices in half crosswise. Place half of zucchini slices in pan; sauté 7 to 9 minutes or until zucchini is lightly browned. Repeat with remaining zucchini and 1 teaspoon oil. Remove from heat and place in bowl with mushrooms. Drizzle with red wine vinegar mixture and remaining 1 teaspoon oil; toss gently.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut baguette crosswise into 4 pieces; cut each piece in half lengthwise. Place slices on a baking sheet, cut sides up, and broil 1 minute or until toasted.
- Combine goat cheese and thyme; spread evenly over toasted baguette slices. Layer 4 toast slices evenly with 1/4 of mushroom mixture and tomato slices. Top with remaining baguette slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This