Based on the other reviews, I doubled the amount of caramelized onions in the recipe and doubled the garlic. I had to cook it an extra 5 minutes because it was initially too watery. I would make it again - it had a nice flavor and one piece was very filling.
Zucchini and Caramelized Onion Quiche
Photo: Nigel Cox
More From Cooking Light
Total: 55 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 314
- Fat: 18.1g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 9.6g
- Carbohydrate: 28.5g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 564mg
- Calcium: 164mg
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups (1/8-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Basic Caramelized Onions
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Fit dough into a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Fold edges under; flute. Line dough with foil; arrange pie weights or dried beans on foil. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove weights and foil; bake an additional 2 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
- 4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl. Add zucchini and garlic; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool slightly.
- 5. Arrange Basic Caramelized Onions over bottom of crust; top with zucchini mixture. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, milk, flour, pepper, eggs, and cheese in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Pour milk mixture over zucchini mixture. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This