Dee-licious! Next time I'm going to double the onion mixture, layering it on top before adding the cheese. I know the calorie count will increase, but I don't care!!!!!
Zucchini and Onion Gratin
More From Cooking Light
Total: 45 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 92
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 224mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, diagonally sliced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato paste; cook 2 minutes. Stir in rind, thyme, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Preheat broiler to high.
- 3. Arrange zucchini on a jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil; toss. Broil 7 minutes or until lightly charred. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 5. Spread onion mixture in a 2-quart gratin dish. Arrange zucchini mixture over onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 6. Preheat broiler to high.
- 7. Uncover zucchini mixture; broil 1 1/2 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Zucchini and Onion Gratin Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This