Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 1 (3.5-oz.) package fresh shiitake mushrooms*
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds small zucchini
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted, salted pecans
- Freshly grated pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut stems from mushrooms and, if desired, reserve for another use. Cut mushroom caps into thin slices. Whisk together olive oil and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in mushrooms; let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick slices. Stack 2 or 3 slices on a cutting board, and cut lengthwise into thin strips (similar to linguine). Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- 3. Toss zucchini in olive oil mixture. Let stand 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Fold in chives and basil. Transfer to a serving platter; sprinkle with pecans and cheese. Serve immediately.
- * 1/2 (8-oz.) package button mushrooms may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note