- 1 (3.5-oz.) package fresh shiitake mushrooms*
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds small zucchini
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted, salted pecans
- Freshly grated pecorino or Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Cut stems from mushrooms and, if desired, reserve for another use. Cut mushroom caps into thin slices. Whisk together olive oil and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in mushrooms; let stand 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick slices. Stack 2 or 3 slices on a cutting board, and cut lengthwise into thin strips (similar to linguine). Repeat with remaining zucchini.
Toss zucchini in olive oil mixture. Let stand 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Fold in chives and basil. Transfer to a serving platter; sprinkle with pecans and cheese. Serve immediately.
* 1/2 (8-oz.) package button mushrooms may be substituted.